The Disability Services Advocacy Team work for the Department for Work and Pensions to help bridge the knowledge gap on Disability Services products, benefits and grants that help support individuals with disabilities and health conditions. The Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Upskilling Session provides an in-depth overview of PIP.
The session will take place as follows:
Date: Tuesday the 26th of July 2022
Time: 10 AM to 1 PM
Registration deadline: Monday 18th of July at midday
During the session the Disability Services Advocacy Team will cover:
- An introduction to Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- PIP eligibility criteria
- The whole customer journey, including:
- How to make a claim
- The claims process
- The completion of the relevant forms
The Assessment Provider - Independent Assessment Services (IAS) will cover:
- An overview of their processes, including:
- How assessment routes are decided
- Who carries out the assessments
- What to expect during an assessment.
The session will finish with a look at:
- How decisions are made
- The review process
- How to dispute a decision
- How certain circumstances can impact on whether or not a customer can receive payment
Alongside these areas, we will also look at what support is in place for customers throughout the journey. There will be an opportunity for Q&A at the end of the session.
Once you have registered, you will receive a joining link nearer the time.
Please note: this session is aimed at Wiltshire Money members, as well as people working in relevant organisations and roles, i.e. practitioners and advisers. It is not aimed at the general public or intended for customers, clients or service users.
While we are able to accept multiple members of staff from the same organisation, places are limited and will offered on a first-come first-served basis.